Monday 26 September 2011

Thinking time.....

First of all, thank-you for your lovely comments on my last post. I so enjoyed doing the She Art Workshop...so much, that I now have three completed girls, and many more going round in my head!!

This weeks challenge over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge is Black, White and a Hint of Colour. How could I resist?? I put my She Art and post-uni-send-off cleaning aside and came up with this....



As you know I love Moon girl and will use her at any opportunity! She looks so thoughtful and peaceful sitting on Great Moon, that I thought the sentiment from a Wendy Vecchi stamp was perfect. The background is created with Dylusions Sky Blue Ink sprayed over a mask, and a tiny bit of glitter on the wings gave them a lovely sparkle. Proud of myself for using stamped masks too, to make a one-layer card....took a bit of thinking about the right order to stamp things, but got there in the end! I also got my sewing machine out for the first time in ages, but found doing 'wiggly' lines a bit of a challenge......in my dressmaking days I was a strictly '5/8 " girl'!!!! I like the effect though, and think I will practice a bit more!

Thanks for looking, and for your kind comments!

xxxxx

11 comments:

Kaz said...

This is so pretty Jayne, loving the subtle glittering! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique again,

Sue said...

This is fabulous Jayne, I love how you have sprayed through you mask without turning it into a soggy mess (this must just be me lol)Your glittering sets off Moon Girl perfectly x

patcrafts said...

Beautiful card I just love Moon girl too, her glittery wings are just perfect and the masking too. I won't be at Play Day next week am off to Prague with L'pool Lou for a few days.xx

Suze Bain said...

Love you inky background and yes, that sentiment is perfect for the image. Thanks for paying me a visit. xx

flutterbycrafter said...

Gosh you've made a fantastic card, love the colours and of course the moon girl, beautiful

Alison said...

Gorgeous card Jayne! I love Moongirl's glittery wings! x

Willy said...

What a lovely piece! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge # 38.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Jayne, lovely piece of art :-) I love doing wiggly lines I really like the effect - I should do more sewing on papercraft things. Gorgeous canvas below
Anne xx

Vicki G said...

Sweet! Moon girl is one of my all time faves!

Thanks for playing at SDC!

Vicki

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fabulous card with a great image.

Gez Butterworth said...

Oooooh FAB!
Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge.

Off to see more of your gorgeous artwork.xx