Monday 17 January 2011

So far...so good!!!

Well I'm doing pretty well so far at getting things going again ...and keeping at it!!!
First of all...I found Bethany's bracelet, she hadn't taken it with her...so here it is...


One of the things that kept me away from crafting in the summer was the grand decorating of our bedroom. We have a fireplace in there which had had a vase of flowers in it for FAAAARR too long, so I decided I wanted to make something to fill the gap. I had some ideas and got started on it ages ago, but this weekend actually got round to putting all the bits together and completing it! Amazingly, I had only mislaid one of my printed words, which was a result in itself! I'm really pleased with my art work....but, don't think Ian has even noticed it yet :(


I painted the background with acrylic paint, then sprayed over a mask with Glimmer Mist. I filled the spaces with a variety of 'background' stamps. The chipboard butterflies were painted black, then clear embossed. I added a variety of lighter coloured paints and Distress Inks until I was happy with the way they looked. The grungeboard letters are coloured with Distress Inks and then have a little Stickles rubbed onto them. The rest of the words I printed off and coloured with watered down ink to help them blend. The words are from a song, which is actually about dying, but I liked them for this....I'm a little odd, I know!!!

Here's the finished product 'in situ'.....


Oh, yes! Also found the bits of fairy I'd dropped on the floor, so she may get her sister yet!!!


Be back soon!! xx

2 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

Lovely piece of art Jayne, congratulations on keeping up your artwork. I love the bracelet, would love to make something like that. xx

patcrafts said...

The bracelet is lovely and so is your piece of art work for the fireplace, it looks good. xx