Monday 30 May 2011

Stampotique Acetate Challenge.....

I know....I know!!!! But I did tell you I'd be back sooner than you thought!!! I made this tag on Saturday as well as my pen pot, but as they were for two separate challenges, they needed their own blog entries! So this one is for the Stampotique Designers Challenge 31: Acetate.
The challenge was to create a project using acetate and Stampotique only stamps. The second part was easy, but I'm not a huge acetate fan....anyway, have to say, I quite enjoyed it!!


I started by cutting a tag using the Tim Holtz die with the 'Dream' inlay and coloured this with Broken China Distress Ink. The stars were made using a template and Wild Honey DI. I finished off by inking the edges with Black Soot and a bit of doodling (naturally!). I used the Tiny Star from Text stars to randomly stamp over the whole tag. The lovely Moon Girl is stamped onto an acetate tag...and this is where I discovered that acetate was so useful!! I had wanted her to sit on something, but the right way round she just didn't look right on the star....but when I flipped the acetate over to colour her heart I realised she fitted perfectly the other way round...RESULT!!! I stamped three Text Stars onto white card...one is on the original tag and is Moon Girls perch and the other two are stuck onto the acetate.

.....the acetate 'bit'!

I still had a bit of a gap on the right hand side and Moon Girl looks so 'dreamy' that I thought the 'Dream a little dream' words were just right!! I finished by tying the two tags together and sticking some black card behind the open word.
Hope you like......

xxx

17 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Oooh clever thinking..flipping Moon Girl. Love, love, love your tag. Glad you had fun playing along :)

Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Debbie said...

Love Moon Girl! Great tag and technique! Awesome job!

patcrafts said...

Love your tag and I just love Moon girl she is so cute and what a brilliant idea to flip her over. You are really into these Stampotique challenges now I really must get round to doing something in the way of challenges. I love your pencil pot too.
Thanks for your comments on my blog and I agree with you NYC is a fantastic place and can't wait to go again.xx

Basement Stamper said...

great creation with your tag, so glad you had fun with the acetate challenge. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Sue said...

Great fun piece! I like the flipping over Moon Girl idea :)

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous Jayne, thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

fatmonica said...

It's beautiful!

Willy said...

Love your Moon Girl tag! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge # 31.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh what a fab tag! Great idea to flip your image too!

joanne wardle said...

oh that's gorgeous!! thanks for taking part in the stampotique challenge

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous tag, love the whole idea. Thank you for joining the Stampotique designer's challenge!

Valerie H. Marshall said...

LOL! Why is it that sometimes the simplest ideas escape me?? What a great way to create a mirror image of a stamp - just flip it over!! You've totally rocked this Stampotique challenge - love your piece!!
Cheers,
Val :)

flutterbycrafter said...

Oh I missed this when you posted, don't know why, it's fantastic, absolutely love it....and.....congratulations you're the WINNER, how fantastic is that, well done. xx

Debbie said...

Congrats on winning the challenge! Awesome design! Great job! Clap, clap, clap!

patcrafts said...

Congratulations on winning the design over on Stampotique that's the second one you have won you will be on the design team next. Well done and well deserved.xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Well deserved win! Congratulations! Didn't catch your post before now - what a clever idea! Chris

thekathrynwheel said...

This is fab. V clever to flip the image! The colours are really eye catching :-)